New this season and for one night only … It’s a Beaver Valley Choral Society Spring Spectacular!
BVCS Pops: The Music of Stage and Screen — presented on Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. at Rochester Area High School, 540 Reno Street, Rochester.
The BVCS principal choir, orchestra and Treble Youth Chorale combine, to feature the familiar music of stage and screen. Many of these shows are currently enjoying a revival on stage and in theaters.
Music theater selections include:
- Mitch Leigh and Joe Darian’s “The Impossible Dream” (Man of La Mancha)
- Meredith Willson’s “Seventy-Six Trombones” (The Music Man)
- George Gershwin’s “Clap Your Hands (Oh, Kay!)
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Climb Ev’ry Mountain with You’ll Never Walk Alone” (The Sound of Music and Carousel)
- … and a suite of selections from Leonard Bernstein’s West Side Story.
Screen music includes:
- Henry Mancini’s “Moon River” (Breakfast at Tiffany’s)
- … plus a medley of familiar Walt Disney favorites.
Sharon R. Burchill is Artistic Director and Principal Conductor. The free concert is open to the public, but a goodwill offering is accepted.
Special note: You’ll Never Walk Alone was our first Virtual Ensemble piece, produced in November 2020. Moon River was featured in our 2021 Virtual WinterSing! The BVCS Pops Concert marks the first time that both pieces will be performed live in concert.
The BVCS orchestra is featured in a prelude of “Edelweiss (The Sound of Music) and the Disney medley. They will also accompany the BVCS principal choir on the medley, “Climb Ev’ry Mountain with You’ll Never Walk Alone” and West Side Story Suite.
The BVCS Treble Youth Chorale is featured during intermission, with staged selections from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. The young singers are under the direction of Deb Silverstein.
Don’t miss BVCS Pops: The Music of Stage and Screen.